Selected content that might have some relevance or interest for this site's visitors:
- Tuning out: How brains benefit from meditation (MedicalXpress)
- Sitting Quietly, Doing Something (NY Times)
- A Superhighway to Bliss (NY Times)
- Matthieu Ricard: Habits of happiness (Ted)
- Bob Thurman: Becoming Buddha (Ted)
- Meditation can alter brain structure (The Times)
- The World's Next Top Lama (Time)
- Making Their Own Limits in a Spiritual Partnership (New York Times)
- Scientists probe meditation secrets (BBC)
- Brain Scientist has a Stroke of Enlightenment (YouTube)
- Buddhist builder buried alive for 2 hours survives by meditating (mirror.co.uk)
- 4 Powerful Reasons to Meditate and How To Get Started (PickTheBrain.com)
- The happiest man in the world? (The Independent)
- Monk reflects on a growing faith (St. Petersburg Times)
- Performance: Researchers Test Meditation’s Impact on Alertness (New York Times)
- Maybe I am a Buddhist after all (The Ukiah Daily Journal)
- Meditation brings calm in medical storm (Burlington Free Press)
- Meditation Found To Increase Brain Size (ScienceNewsDen.Com)
- At One With Dual Devotion (Los Angeles Times)
- Calming the Mind Among Bodies Laid Bare (New York Times)
- Tibetan chic: Why Buddhism is so hot right now (eurekalert.org)
- Modern image for Zen Buddhism (buddhistchannel.tv)
- Buddhism comes to Bible Belt (The Huntsville Times)
- Meditation Associated With Structural Changes In Brain (eMaxHealth.com)
- How I Found My Buddhist Path (Technology Review)
- Q&A with Father Robert E. Kennedy - Zen is 'to study the self' (Subscription required, The Dallas Morning News Co)
You can also see previous news
- Dharma Seed has collected and distributed dharma talks by teachers transmitting the Vipassana or Insight practices of Theravada Buddhism.
- San Francisco Zen Center's online library of Dharma Talks.
- Liao-Fan's Four Lessons Audio Book Liao-Fan's Four Lessons was originally written in the Ming Dynasty of China by Mr. Liao-Fan Yuan. The book was intended to teach his son, Tien-Chi Yuan, how to recognize the true face of destiny, how to tell good from evil, and the method for correcting one's faults and practicing kind deeds. It also provided living proof of the rewards and outcomes of people who practiced kind deeds and cultivated virtue and humility. Relating from his own experience at changing destiny, Mr. Yuan himself was a living embodiment of his teachings. After hearing this wonderful book, one may feel more open and confident towards life, and at the same time, courageously compelled to follow the example of Liao-Fan in changing one's original destiny. Liao-Fan's Four Lessons is truly a rare book which is not only precious to an individual's spiritual needs, but is also capable of transforming unhealthy attitudes in today's society.
- Religion and Zen Buddhism this Dharma talk were given by Reverend Master Eko Little, Abbot of Shasta Abbey, in Shasta Abbey's Buddha Hall.
- Concentration this is a series of talks by Gil Fronsdal on concentration, how it is developed, the five hindrances to developing it, and how it relates to the practice of mindfulness. Gil is a primary teacher for the Insight Meditation Center in Redwood City, California.
To recommend something for inclusion in these sections, please e-mail the URL and title of the article or the name of the dharma talk.